This week we were asked to look at a few different opportunities for online classes and learning online. I am taking an online class this spring/summer and I am actually a bit nervous for it- I like to talk to people in person and ask lots of questions and I am not sure if I have enough self- discipline to make sure I am getting my work done. So far, I can tell there are good and bad things about online classes, here are some of my ideas:
– lack of personal/ physical communication
– may be hard to do group work
– takes a lot of self- discipline to make sure reading is done
– The class I am taking has weekly quizzes that are taken on the phone- I am not to sure what this will be like.
– Work on your own time
– Can work from home. (this is especially a bonus for me- I am taking this online course so I don’t have to drive in to Regina from Moose Jaw every Tuesday and Thursday.
-It’s good to have some experience with online learning
– I also think it will help me become more sympathetic/ understanding if I am ever teaching online.